Wednesday, May 15, 2013

The Face Shop Aura Color Control Cream Review (CC Cream)



My sister purchased this CC cream for me in 02 Natural Beige at The Face Shop in Manhattan, NY. I believe there is The Face Shop store in Koreatown.
 
 
This cream claims:
  • Color controlling cream that brightens your complexion and keeps your morning makeup intact without any darkening.
  • SPF 30, PA++
  • Like an actress on a stage, this Aura Makeup gets your attention
  • 12-hours of continuous staying power
I see this as a foundation, even though it claims to be a cream.
 
Application: Although it comes with a sponge (pictured below), I used my fingers to apply. This applies so nicely and smoothly.
 
Coverage: It had medium coverage with just one layer. It covered the slight redness of my cheeks and around my nose. The finish was definitely dewy. It felt like a BB cream I have from The Face Shop where upon first application of this, it looks gray and ashy but over time, it doesn't look that way. It did not completely cover my under eye dark circles. There is a shimmer to this cream which makes me think it's great for those who like that dewy, slightly shiny finish.

Staying power: Great staying power. I wore it for about 5 hours and it didn't budge.
 
Packaging: I like the idea of pumping out the cream but I would have liked to see it as a bottle, rather than compact. There is no way to see and know how much there is, how much is left, and when you are finished. The box does state that if nothing comes out after 10-20 pumps, then it's empty.
 
I wore this without a primer, and set it with MAC Mineralize skinfinish. I think it wasn't the best combination as I looked slightly cakey but that could also have been due to lack of sleep and overall tiredness I was experiencing.
 
Verdict: I think it's worth a look at. Since so many companies are coming out with CC Creams, I doubt I will repurchase this due to just sheer number of options and I like trying different things.
 
Below are pictures of the product.




 
 
Blended out on my hand. You can see slight shimmer and slight coverage of my veins.
Thanks for reading!
Comments are always welcome!

1 comment: